Monday, February 16, 2015

Turbo Fire HIIT 30 review

Hey guys! Today I am looking at Turbo Fire HIIT 30. Turbo Jam does not have HIIT workouts like TF. TF has a 15, 20, 25 and a 30. I did the 30 today. It's one of my favorites. Actually HIIT 25 is my absolute favorite, but I was kinda lazy and ate and drank too much this week so every minute counts. I had the day off today so I was able to exercise at a normal hour instead of 5am. Hallelujah!



HIIT 30 is an amazing workout. It's High Intensity Interval Training. And it is tough. During the workout you 'suck wind' as Chalene calls it- push to your max for 1 minute then you get 1 minute rest in between. And friends, you will!  In this HIIT there are 5 HIITS , the last HIIT you do it 3 times and it is the HARDEST...4 burpees 4 tuck jumps- YIKES! But according to Chalene and other research you can burn up to 9x more fat than traditional cardio. Also, you reap the benefits of the after burn for up to 24 hours.

Chalene teaches you each HIIT before and cues appropriately. She does a great job motivating you throughout this workout, but truthfully throughout the whole program. No joke- there have been times in my life that I hear Chalene in the back of my head telling me 'it's all in your head' or 'go hard or go home' or 'how you speak to your self in the heat of the battle...' Not just when working out but other times as well. It's crazy. But I love it. I truly believe making the mental change is the hardest. You have to BELIEVE you can do it before you can do it. after my 1st daughter was born Beachbody helped me lose 60 lbs. The mental hurdles are the hardest you must BELIEVE you can do it. I had a reminder tattooed on my wrist. :)



This workout includes plyometrics along with low impact option lead by "her girl Ali." I mix it up, there are times I am sucking so much wind and I gotta go low! Some of my favorite moves are the running mans with knee smashes, sumo burpees but there are a ton of different jacks- air jacks being my favorite, squat jumps, squats, football drills, leaps and ski runs. As I said before, every move has a low impact BUT high intensity option. 


I love her inspirational comments throughout. A lot of times I'm so focused in the workout that I do not hear them. But they are there. I tried to pay close attention this time but it's hard. One that caught my hear today was, "Get in the bast shape of your life at any age."-Chalene. Which is true. You can do it, you just need to COMMIT to changing your life style.


to preview some of my FAVORITE parts of HIIT30!


Do you have a favorite workout? What is it??? I'm always looking for something new and fun!
 Leave a comment below!

Kellyxxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment