Monday, November 24, 2014

$5 Frozen Pillow DIY

Hey everyone! So today I am going to show you how I made my daughter a Frozen pillow for around $5.

You see, it all started when my youngest was carrying around the Frozen DVD case, she's about 18 month and would fall with it in her hand. I was always scared she would hurt herself, so I wanted a Frozen pillow for her. Olivia had one so I thought it would be easy to find...yeah, it wasn't. So, again, like I said before, using my reusing abilities. I had remembered seeing Frozen T-shirts at 5 Below I figured I could use that to make her a cute, cuddly pillow! It worked- YAY! Here is my cut 'em up get done, nothing fancy but cute pillow instructions!!!

So I ran to grab a tshirt. They had tons of cute designs. I wanted all 3 characters and something with striaght edges that would be easy to follow. Nothing obscure. I found this design, but grey.

So I turned it inside out, pinned it together (so it was ready to sew) and cut the arms and neck hole off...

 After everything was cut, I was left with this...

I sewed all edges together (I am not a seamstress, so please forgive me anyone with awesome sewing skills! I'm sure I jacked something up somewhere)... Leave on small corner open so you can turn it inside out and stuff (see below)...

Opening I left...
 Then, I snipped the corners, while still inside out...

Next, I filled it with fluff from Joann Fabrics. Or, in my last tutorial, I had a pillow we never used, so I cut it up and stole it's fluff. Then just freely stitched the opening closed...


 And there you have a full stuffed Frozen pillow!

She's in love!

Hope you can create and enjoy! Post a pic if you do!!
Kelly xxoo



1 comment: