Thursday, October 1, 2015

$5 DIY Halloween Wreath- so fun and easy!

Hello ALL!

I have a fun Halloween craft that is soooo easy, inexpensive and can be done in less that 30 min. It took me about 15 to make. So fast, sun and easy I made two and have the stuff for a 3rd! It'd be a great Halloween gift and easy enough for the kiddos. Definitely help them with the glue though! ;) Check it out below!



All my materials were from Dollar Tree but you could get them anywhere- JoAnns, Michael's, Hobby lobby, etc. You could add more or less given your taste!
All I used was a foam a foam wreath, 2 boas, a roll of ribbon, an owl and same bats. You will need hot glue to attach everything.

First, I wrapped the ribbon about the foam wreath. It gives a little color under the feathers in case the feather don't completely cover the wreath. This was not the best color to have but it worked. On my other wreath I used ribbon that was not see through.


All done...


Nest wrap the two boas around the wreath. I wrap them side by side rather than end to end. You need to hot glue each of the boa ends down, wrap and glue when fully wrapped. Before adding dabs of glue to hold feathers in place, fluff them to cover all parts of the wreath.


Next add in your main decoration. I added the owl here. It was a little tricky getting him to stick but with enough persistence and hot glue he stuck. And BONUS, he has light up eyes. SO I had to be especially be careful not to glue the on/off button. 


Tada! 
Next I had 2 clippy bats. I, actually, clipped them to the boa and did not glue them at all! They stayed perfectly fine!!!

Finished product:


And then, eyes- lit up!


Here is another one I made! This was the first then I thought, how cool would it be to share this cool, inexpensive craft with you!


Hope you enjoy! f you make one- please share! I love looking at other's crafts!!!

Kelly
xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment